sábado, 8 de septiembre de 2018

The verb to have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbkyiO6mcYA&t=2s

The Verb To Have

Forms of To Have
PresentPastContinuous
I / you / we / they
have
had
having
he / she / it
has
had
having
Have is one of the most common verbs in the English language. It functions in various ways.
TO HAVE AS A MAIN VERB
As a main verb “to have” implies the meaning of possession.
For example: “I have a job.” “I have a car.“ "I don't have any time."
When it is used to indicate possession you can say "I have..." or you might see/ hear "I have got...".
When you are talking about actions, you only use "have".
For example:
Possession:-
I have a shower in my bathroom, I don't have a bath. = I have got a shower in my bathroom. I haven't got a bath.

The action:-
I have a shower every day. - I'm having a shower now.

!Note - it does not take the continuous form "I having" - for that you have to use the auxiliary verb be.
For example: “I am having a shower.” “Are you having a good time?"
The forms of the verb “to have” are have and has for the present and had for the past.

https://www.learnenglish.de/grammar/verbtohave.html

'To have': Presente simple afirmativo

Elige la forma correcta del presente simple afirmativo del verbo to have.
1 She ____ a new computer.

2 My house ____ four rooms.

3 I ____ short black curly hair.

4 I ____ a difficult exam tomorrow.

5 All my neighbours ____ wifi access.

6 He ____ a new girlfriend.

7 They ____ enough money for the concert.

8 My old brother ____ a big poster in his bedroom.


1)I  a dream.Yo tengo un sueño
2)He  eaten an apple pie.Él ha comido una tarta de manzana
3)They  a cat.Ellos tenían un gato
4)We  a beautiful garden.Nosotros teníamos un jardín bonito
5)You  a spider.Tú tienes una araña
6)We  a break.Nosotros tomamos un descanso
7)He  lived here for years.Él ha vivido aquí durante años
8)She  gone to Istanbul.Ella había ido a Estambul
9)They  bought a cheese.Ellos habían comprado un queso
10)He  won the race.Él ha ganado la carrera
http://johansandoval29.blogspot.com/2018/03/verbo-to-have-ejercicios.html
- Traduce al inglés las siguientes frases:
1. John tiene un nuevo trabajo.

2. ¿Qué tienes en esa maleta?.

3. Tengo dos hijas.

4. Tienen muchos amigos en España.

5. ¿Tienes un minuto?.

http://johansandoval29.blogspot.com/2018/03/verbo-to-have-ejercicios.html Resultado de imagen para VERB TO HAVE


Singular
Plural
have
We have
You have
You have
He has
She has
It has
They have
write
"Have" is usually used for ownership, ability, or for a description....
  • I have a new car.
  • They have time to go to the movies.
  • She has brown eyes.
  • He has a beard.
...but the word "have" is also a very popular substitute for the words "eat" and "drink."
  • She has coffee every morning.
  • (She drinks coffee every morning.)
woman drinking coffee

  • He has pancakes for breakfast.  
  • (He eats pancakes for breakfast.)
eating pancakes
Have is also an important helping verb:
  • I have lived in Minnesota for three years.
In the example above, (have) + (past participle) make

I have glasses.
teacher
You have sunglasses.
jow
He has a gun.
gangster
She has a tricycle.
girl
The cake has a lot of fruit on top of it.
cake
We have time to learn English.
teacher
  jow
They have a hamburger and french fries.
couple
All three children have popsicles.
children

 https://www.learnamericanenglishonline.com/Blue%20Level/B9%20Have.html
Question
Positive Statement (spoken)
Negative Statement (spoken)
Singular
Do I have ...?
Have I got ...?
I have
(I've)
I have not
(I haven't/I've not)
Does he / she / it have...?
Has he/she/it got ...?
He/she/it has
(He/she/it 's)
He/she/it has not
(He/she/it hasn't)
Do you have ...?
Have you got ...?
You have
(You've)
You have not
(You haven't/You've not)
Did I / he / she / it have ...?
Had I / he / she / it / you got...?
I / He / She / It / You had
(I'd / He'd / She'd / You'd)
I / He / She / It / You had not
(I / He / She / It / You hadn't)
Plural
Do we / you / they have ...?
Have we / you / they got ...?
We / You / They have
(We've / You've / They've)
We / You / They have not
(We / You / They haven't // We've nof / You've not They've not)
Do you have ...?
Have you got ...?
You have
(You've)
You have not
(You haven't/You've not)
Do they have ...?
Have they got ...?
They have
(They've)
They have not
(They haven't/They've not)
Did we / you / they have ...?
Had we / you / they got ... ?
We / You / They had
(We'd / You'd / They'd)
I / He / She / It / You had not
(I / He / She / It / You hadn't)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

PREPOSITIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_U39TtQElI https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/prepositions http://blogdemite...